Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 18

Yikes! It's really been more than a week since I last posted. It's been a rough week with lots of things that needed to be done and a friend in crisis. I really appreciate all of your comments in the last post. Thanks for being there!!

Even though things have been tough, I've (mostly) stayed on tack with the diet. But I still struggle with the exercises. I've been very resistant do do the exercises first thing in the morning, but I think I'm going to have to suck it up and do it. It's just for a few more weeks. And it's for a great cause! And I do like the feeling of knowing that my exercises are done and I don't have to think about them for the rest of the day. The first week on PCP I lost several pounds. The second week I lost a couple. And this week has been nothing (but, at least I've not gained anything). So, yeah, I need to crank it up a notch.

As for my diet, I do a lot of the same veggies over and over - broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, onions, mushrooms. This hasn't been a problem. I kinda like the routine and not having to think about what to make and how to make the it. The problem is rice. I can't choke down another grain of rice. So tonight I made quinoa with onions, mushrooms and tomatoes. And it was good. Real good. So I'll make sure to switch up the carbs a lot to try to keep things interesting.

I also went to the Asian food market and got some spring roll wraps, so this weekend I'm going to try to make spring rolls. I hope they are as good as I'm making them out to be in my head.

Things are starting to get better. So I'm going to really focus and do this thing!

4 comments:

  1. Your weight "loss" will decrease as your muscle starts to build, but that doesn't mean you've stopped losing fat. So don't get too hung up on the number on the scale, it's not a very useful diagnostic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check it more often. We want to hear how you're doing! Good times and bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - we want to hear from you
    and I suggest posting more, or posting first thing. It is easier and it makes me feel like I am good to go for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working out first thing in the AM is great -- you will hate it, but love it. And you CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete